Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fiber Tribe

6 more days! Countdown mode to next weekend's show, October 18-19, at the Sheep and Wool festival in Rhinebeck, NY. It's a fabulous fiber event amidst the rolling hill and dale of Dutchess County awash in Fall color where breeders of sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, bunnies...) show their animals, their fleece and spun yarns, where spinners, dyers, mills and creators show their stuff and ply their services and yarns etc. I want to mention my talented boothmates--- The Paisley Studio and Thimble folk---here's my Thimblefolk sheep pincushion treasure from last year overseeing my work table. I'm hoping to snag a few hooked pumpkins from the Paisley Studio this year.



Working diligently to amass more lavender wands with the velvet



ribbon I dyed this summer and assembling lavender accessory kits, writing patterns, tagging and pricing. Still have lots more buttons to embroider with the wool I've been over-dyeing. The list goes on, the work continues up to the last moment!

Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait!

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Thanks for the plug, sborger! Lovely lavender wands, as always. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Sarah

......Thimblefolk.......Barb McNamara said...

Good to see you Susan...and to echo Sarah, thanks for the plug. The colors you dyed the ribbon for the wands are gorgeous.

Barb